Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Welcome to Enjoying Guitar!



Alright, here we are...my first post on Enjoying Guitar. This is going to be quite a journey for you and I. And yes, the little guy here is my son by the way. Before talking a little about who i am and why this blog is here, I'd like to introduce myself by way of some of my music. It's only right, you know. Feigned disinterest aside, guitarists want to know what other guitarists sound like. 'Play first, talk later' you could say. So below is a recent project I did. The drums were done using a free program called Hotstepper.


Dont' be confused by the screen shot...that's just the intro to the video. It's a cover song by the way. Here's the original.

Did I do a good version?

Which do you like best?

Let me know your thoughts on the tune and be sure to check out About Me, Completely... for more info about yours truly.

Why Enjoying Guitar?



Because that's what it's all about: collective enjoyment. Guitarists love to play and be heard, and our audiences love to listen, debate, and emulate. But without enjoyment all this activity would be meaningless, sort of like sects--
I mean...oh, you know.

The second part of the answer is that enjoyment, for all its positives, is meaningless without learning. So expect to learn here at Enjoying Guitar, and in unique ways. In out-of-the-box ways. And some tried-and-true ways as well.

Expect to make friendships here, as well as meet beginners, pros, virtuosos and laymen guitarists. I'm certainly looking forward to meeting you along with them.


-6SV

No comments:

Post a Comment